Sunday, February 14, 2010

All Things Girl

Let me preface this post with the truth: Rory and I agreed that we would not force our daughter into a life of frilly pink things. That is a true statement.

The other side of the story: I changed my mind!

Growing up, I had floor to ceiling floral wallpaper. Every where you looked were tiny roses and a border of girls in white bonnets. Ugh. I can honestly remember counting the roses and wondering why, oh why did there have to be so many little flowers all over my wall? Alas, being the open-minded mother that I am, I envisioned giving my daughter a white palate with which to paint her own images on.

Until I stopped in a baby clothes store and saw the hot pink tutu! At about 2 months of age, she needed to have it, no question. You have probably witnessed the photographic evidence of said tutu...she tends to wear it a lot. I originally bought it just for our family photo shoot, but since then, it's just been too much fun not to wear.

And then we went to Kid-to-Kid and saw the headbands...and the flower clips...and the sunglasses.

And that is how Dia learned to accessorize:


DD at one of Aunt Jessa's favorite spots, Sola Cafe in Old Town. (She is clutching Gerard, the French Giraffe. We have Monkey, who is a monkey, Bunny, who is a bunny, Bear, who is a bear, and Sophie and Gerard the French giraffes! We like to think they hail from the Paris Zoo....)


All Girl--All Beauty


Stylin! And it should be duly noted that all accessories are never attempted to be removed by India. She has never once even remotely appeared bothered to have things attached to her head or even her face! In fact, as the picture shows, she'll push them back up so they don't come off! You go, Girl! :)

No comments: