Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Family Who Mays Together...

We typically pray before meals as a family. I'm a little less routine in praying when it's just Dia and me, but still, typically, we say grace. We hold hands (just Rory and me--Dia likes her hands free to eat while we pray) and Rory usually says, "Let's pray." Then, we pray. Nothing big, but we both close our eyes, bow our heads and talk with the Lord, usually with much thanksgiving. We haven't really incorporated Dia, knowing that she will join when she's ready--that's to say, we have never "taught" her to pray or forced it in any way.

Well, the other night, I guess I was a little hungrier than usual and started picking at my plate before Rory had sat down. More noticably, before we had prayed.

Dia seemed agitated and kept squinting her eyes with much emphasis saying, "May! May!" Rory and I looked to each other--what is "May"? Why is she squinting?

She was asking us to pray.

May, my friends. May. In all circumstances, for all reasons, just may. :)

1 comment:

Becky and Cameron Wyatt said...

hehehe CUTE! From the mouth of babes. Merry Christmas Starks:)