Tuesday, September 09, 2008

To Job or Not To Job


I am in the middle of a faith-walk. It's glorious. Glorious and uncertain. And right now it involves my job. I've already done the stepping out part and now is the patient part.


I really don't think that I am not patient. In other words, it's not the patience part that gets me. It's the uncertain part. I know that time will tell if my step is solid, but it's not time that I trust. It's God.


I trust that He is leading. He knows what He's doing. I am just following. So now that I am having to make some decisions, I have to act. But I am not sure what He's saying.


This is where I hear from a lot of people not to trust my emotions. He he he. That makes me laugh. Don't trust them? Then what do I trust? My thoughts? But my thoughts are a direct correlation to my emotions. My knowledge? My knowledge is filtered through my emotions. How can I possibly shut off the most beautiful avenue to knowing myself, my emotions?


No, I will spend more time exploring my emotions. I will dig deeper and listen. God talks to me all the time, non-stop, through my emotions. They are the voice of my spirit and God is spirit. So exploring my emotions is a great way to talk with the Lord.


If it sounds strange, read a Psalm. Had David ignored his emotions, we would have lost one of the most transparent, genuine, prophetic and poetic books of the Bible. David often struggled with decisions--often even the aftermath of a poor decision--and wrote about it with strong emotion. For now I am struggling with a decision about my job. And feeling some pretty strong emotions myself.

No comments: