Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pray It Out

I know there are some serious prayer warriors out there and I am asking for your battle skills!

A friend of mine's little girl is set to come into the world in a few months and the ultrasounds show that she has spina bifida and will not be able to walk. For some reason, as soon as I heard this I just knew that this wasn't true. Will you please bring this before the Lord? Will you please join me in proclaiming and beseaching the Lord for complete HEALING? I am praying for a completely healed and whole spine, legs and skeletal system. I am praying for God's hands to enter that womb and knit her wholly and completely together. I am praying for a beautiful, healthy, safe birth and life--complete with walking legs!

Pray also for the sweet mama--for a hedge of protection around her physical being and her heart/spirit. Pray that she will be humbled and encouraged as she watches her Lord work inside her towards healing. Pray against guilt, shame and fear--that they would be bound with Satan and kept far from their entire family. I am praying for joy in her days as she seeks Him out.

Much love and appreciation.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

let me know if I can encourage her anyway as we were surprised by a diagnosis after Emma was born. Just if she wants to talk. hope you are feeling well. Sam is here visiting me from VA after my surgery and we will going to the farmers market at town and country tomorrow would be great to run in to you. And continue to pray for your friend

Stephanie said...

thanks, Ginger! we are in cali right now so won't make it to farmer's tomorrow, but i hope you find tons of great deals and yummy fresh produce. :) we really really appreciate your prayers.