Monday, February 07, 2011

Growing Up

Everyday Dia learns something new. It astounds me.

A few days ago she pointed to her eye (while squinting, of course) and said, "DD eye."

WHAT?!

Who told her that?!

Oh yeah. We did. But still...I guess I just didn't expect her to start repeating already. As you know, I cried when she turned one. I will cry at each milestone now, apparently!

So tonight when she pointed to her chest and said (to no one in particular, I might add, she was merely commenting) "I Dia," Rory and I nearly fell over.

When asked her name, she will say, "Name," very matter of factly. But then whenever the mood strikes, she'll point to herself and say, "I Dia."

All this growing up has me excited for all that's to come (and yes, emotional over all that's progressed already). When I read this great article on Mothering.com about early reading I knew I had to document and spread the word. Make sure you read the fine print in the author's bio at the end of the article--the three-year-old she wrote about is now a biochemist. Amazing how fast our little ones grow, amazing what they can accomplish.

No comments: