Monday, December 08, 2008

Call me Midas

I am literally covered with gold today. The gold has filled up all my fingernails and now my skin is covered in the glittery, precious glow of it. I am overflowing with treasure, scraped and sought from the trial I found myself in.

My circumstances have changed not at all. No new info, no back-tracking, no solution. I am where I was when I got the call that threw me a bit off my rocker. Only now I am lining my pockets with nuggets and rubbing my back along the gold on the wall as I walk out of this rich, beauteous mine.

My trial has indeed been a blessing. It isn't over. My next post may be a rant of screams and fear. But today and this weekend we were blessed--literally able to count the blessings--that came from this undesirable circumstance. Truth be told, we had to force ourselves to count. The blessings, these gold nuggets, were NOT obvious. The fear, the shakes, the anger and the sense of betrayal were clear as day.

The trials were hidden in the back of the mine. We had to get on our knees and crawl our way to the back to where the gold nuggets were piled there just waiting for us to get greedy enough to grab all the treasure we could hold.

Until it has now filled my nails and covered me in it. We had to change OUR thinking, our vision, our behavior (Isaiah 55:6-8). But the gold was there all along.

And I feel ever so very rich in storable goods that will last eternity.

No comments: