Friday, March 12, 2010

Whadd'ya Think?

So for a while now I've been impressed with several home-school families and their children. After having Dia, I am now desperate to pick their brains! So Rory and I have been tossing around the idea of holding a Parenting Forum where we invite said impressive home-school parents to let us pepper them with questions. It'd be open to anyone who wanted to come and the parents we'd invite (I already have a list!), would be there not based on perfection or unattainable success but based on a few criteria: they home-schooled their children, their children have all completed/are in the process of completing college, their family has remained close and tight-knit. And it's actually the reputation of their children that has impressed me the most--which as you know is saying a lot!

I am not on Facebook any more so I don't have access to everyone's thoughts like I used to, so I'm putting it out here. What do you think? Are you a parent--would you attend? There may be only a minimal fee due to renting a location if necessary.

If there's not enough interest, I'm just going to have call up each couple and take them out to dinner myself! :)

3 comments:

familygregg said...

like

The Barrett Family said...

I'd be in. ;-)

Stephanie said...

Sweet! I think we'll start mobilizing--pray for us/it and we'll keep you posted!