Saturday, May 29, 2010

And the Younger Will Teach the Older...

The other day Jessica (my younger sister) was watching DD while I was having my hair done. These two usually walk around the shops and get coffee (well, Dia gets a straw to chew on) and come in and see me for the hour or so it takes to tame my mane, but as it was a bit warm, I suggested they turn the air on in the car and play with our bag of car toys.

(FYI--greatest idea ever! Buy a large canvas bag from one of the grocery stores and fill it with random toys reserved solely for the car. Place the bag behind the driver's seat for easy reach and grab while on the road and makes for super easy toy toting to play dates and park time! Since we aren't in the car that often, these toys end up being "special" for Dia and last a long time without boring her.)

When Dia's diaper needed changing, however, Jess let her play with the spray bottle we use for wetting our cloth wipes while she did the dirty deed. Dia loves water right now, so the spray bottle ended up fascinating our Bugs for quite a while!

Here's the great part: When Jess told me about the spray bottle fun, she said, "I hope that was okay. I didn't know what was in there for sure, but I tasted it and it tasted like water. Plus I knew the Holy Spirit would warn me if it was anything but water and He didn't, so I figured it was okay."

The only thing my little sister needed was an A-Okay from the Holy Spirit. If that isn't a living faith, I don't know what is.

I most certainly can learn a thing or two from my Jessi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder to put everything in the hands of our creator!