Thursday, May 13, 2010

Prepositions

I noticed today that we have entered what I am coining "The Preposition Phase." When I was in school (aka home with my mom), I learned my prepositions by drawing a big action scene with items and characters all in preposition form ,e.g., the bird "on" the rock, the pirate "aboard" the ship, etc. (very creatively, she put the random ones like "of" and "about" on a banner pulled by an airplane "in" the sky). Well, I am proud to announce that the prepositions still live and Dia is now currently studying them from a physical perspective (she's a genius, I know!):



"Under"--nothing is as fun as scooting underneath the kitchen chairs.


Except, that is, climbing "over" the chairs!


"Through"-- Mmm...doesn't that doggy door look inviting? Don't worry--she hasn't actually made it "through" yet....but I know my days are numbered!


"Among"--Dia can often and regularly be found among her best friends: Depot and Roxy. Surprisingly, Depot (our younger and more rambunctious pup) is dearest to DD's heart and they play amazingly well together.


"On"--She loves climbing on Depot! And he is so good to let her do that.


And everything ends up "in" her mouth!

It's probably because of these two new beauties:

The Monday after she crawled, she broke her first tooth, said "Papa" for the first time ("Mama" and "Mom-mom-mom" were her chosen first words earlier in the month--I've had to ask family and friends to confirm this because my heart literally stops beating each time I hear it!) and started clapping all at once! It's been like skiing downhill--on the most beautiful path in the world with the nicest pair of skis money can buy! I feel like the baby I once had is now well on her way to toddler-hood and beyond.

And then of course, there is all the fun that Papa brings. We'll just call this her exploration of gravity and balance--actually, I think she has balance pretty well covered!
(CAUTION: Do not view if you are faint of heart....)

No comments: