Monday, January 03, 2011

Maying

We are still maying over here at the Starks' house, friends. Actually, we may everywhere. We may ("pray") in the car, at the park, on walks, at Oma's house, at Grandma's house. Really, whenever the urge strikes. We have even been known to may several times during one meal.

And I can't believe how little I actually prayed before. I have a regular-ish routine of devotion time (prayer journaling and Bible reading), but I have been shocked how rarely I really talk to the Lord as the day builds. And her sweet, innocent requests to may throughout the day (at seeingly random times), has quieted and encouraged my heart so much. We pray about almost everything these days and it is wonderful. Quick and heartfelt, our maying has been a sweet time of talking to our Papa.

Now most of my prayers begin with thanking the Lord for Dia--something I do often, but now I am extra grateful for her encouragement to may at all times without ceasing (ok, except when we watch Babies--we have yet to stop to may during her favorite movie). :) And yes, when I had a headache and was discouraged by the piling housework and Dia (in the middle of a kitchen floor covered in plastic forks and spoons and paper bowls and napkins), looked up with the squinting and said, "May?" I cried.

Through tears, "Yes, Dia. Yes! Let's may! Dear, Lord, thank you for my sweet Dia...."

1 comment:

Clay and Rachel said...

I was so touched by how beautiful this is. Thanks for pointing us to Him by sharing stories of your Dia pointing to Him. This is good! <3