Friday, November 14, 2008

Call it "Manure"

We need a heck of a lot of s*** in order for anything worthwhile to grow. You can't just sprinkle it on. You can't just toss it out in the soil every once in a while. No, you need to layer it in. Cover every seed in soil that is laden with s***. Some call it manure but s*** works much better for my metaphor.

Sometimes it's hard to tell weeds from plants. The weeds can blossom. The weeds often grow quickly. The weeds can be quite beautiful. And long-lasting. But they aren't plants. They don't need any s*** to grow in. They can grow in cement or rocks.

But I want plants. Beautiful edible nourishing growth. And that takes a lot of s***. Thankfully, I am quite familiar with s***. So I expect a heck of a lot of growth anytime now. In fact, I see sprouts beginning to shoot forth from the soil. Sure took a lot of s***. But boy those plants look beautiful. And strong. And very, very nourishing.

No comments: