Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A phone call today

I had a great conversation with Rory's now former boss today. He called me for a few reasons I am sure: make sure I was feeling okay with the transition, encourage me to have Rory have Travis put the details in writing, etc. But mostly, his call made me feel incredibly honored to have Rory as my husband. The way he described Rory and how he wants the best for us told me that my man had earned this leader's respect.

Mike Flynn is a man of detail, order, organization and godly leadership. After we got off the phone today, I read Exodus--the part where God is incredibly detailed with every single little piece of instruction regarding the Tabernacle. And today I read it with encouragement and passion. Having worked for a man like Mike, I understand how supportive, encouraging and healthy it is to work for a man who is so detailed. It empowers the people around you. There is no room for fuzziness, for misunderstandings and for fear. The expectations are put clearly in writing. And Mike is there to do everything he can to help you succeed.

It might seem tiresome to read so many apparently random little details (tie this to this, make sure this is that color, etc.). But if I were building a temple to God (and we all are whether we know it or not), I would want it to be absolutely, no questions about it perfect. God (and his influence in Mike Flynn's life) make sure that we are/have been fully equipped to do just that. Not just so that we feel good about ourselves (though, this is a natural, wonderful result), but also so that God is glorified. I am grateful for a God of detail and the few men who are willing to emulate that in their daily interactions.
I am also incredibly, undyingly proud of my husband for honoring me by working so well, so hard and with such intense passion and heart. You have succeeded past my wildest dreams. And I am excited about the future. Thanks, Ror.

No comments: