Monday, September 06, 2010

Two-Word Sentences!

I'll be honest--my mom is crazy. Ok, well not crazy as much as crazy proud of her daughters. So much so that she often seems to be exaggerating stories from our apparently genius-spotted childhoods. So when she told me that Dia went outside with her and said, "Hi pool" (that would be a TWO word sentence, friends), I admit I kind of brushed her off. I know--I am horrible! But then Sunday morning she woke up looking for Depot (Pee-poe) and when he came around to the bedside as is our morning tradition, she said, "Hi Pee-poe"!!! And then, "Hi Papa." She acts all non-chalant, as if to say, "What? You say it all the time, Mom." But it just thrills me!

She's growing and developing so fast--she understands to wave hello or goodbye on command, blows kisses (with her own version of the "muah" sound), gives "lippers" (kisses--Rory trained her!) where she actually puckers and leans in, gives high five, calls all food "apple" (this is great fun and we have her perform this "trick" constantly because it is just so cute--she emphasizes the "app" and then trails off with a drawn out "lllll") and now has put two words together.

Gotta tell you, as emotional as I still am about her first birthday, watching her grow is a highlight of my life. So in the words of Dia, "Hi pool."

No comments: