Thursday, August 05, 2010

Lately

Time for a little catch-up!

Lately, Dia is all about "uh-oh" and peek-a-boo. She loves to drop things (or just to shout it out randomly as well) and sing, "Uh....ooohhhh!" And when it comes to peek-a-boo, she likes to have her eyes on her playmate while hiding at the same time. I have hinted at how talented she truly is, but come on, peek-a-boo with your eyes open? Brilliant! :) Just shows how much she wants to witness the joy she brings us.

She will use a toy, clear plastic bag (not that she plays with those, but sometimes the bread bag is sitting just right on the table), a finger, one hand, two hands, a spoon, the table, a chair, my wallet, her hairband, just about anything to hide one eye or simply cover the bridge of her nose while sporting the cutest, slyest grin awaiting the big payoff: "Where's Dia? Where is she.....? Peek-a-boo!" We laugh and smile a lot around here, let me tell you.

We also have a problem with lettuce... She loves it. I guess we eat a lot of salad because she wants lettuce and other green leafies more than anything else! In fact, tonight at dinner she pushed aside her bread and jam for more salad. But she only has three teeth....she can't chew it up. So we let her suck on it...

Which brings me to the newest addition to Dia's mouth--her left eye tooth. :) It came in on a Wednesday and is here to stay. And makes her mouth look much more grown-up.

She is also 19.5 lbs and 31 inches long (one good thing from our Urgent Care run--updated stats!).

Her still blonde hair is long and actually gets dirty (mostly from food she puts behind her head...not sure why, but hey, why not?) so she and Papa take a bath just about every night. This is my primo practice time...that's right! There is something new about me! I started learning to play the violin a few months back and while I hate to brag, I can play Kookaburra AND Hot Cross Buns.

Her best friends in the world are Roxy and Depot. He puts his paws on the bed every morning to her great delight and she regularly tries to feed him by lifting up his mouth and trying to shove things in between his teeth. Yesterday, she wanted him to enjoy a banana still in its peel, so she lifted and shoved and shoved to no avail. (Depot loves food but he has his limits.) Finally, she put it in her mouth trying to show him how to do it. Still, he did not bite. Finally she put it in an ice chest I had sitting on the floor, dragged the chest over to him spilling water which she splashed him with. Alas, he did not eat. But you can't say she didn't try. :)

Dia is now mobile! She regularly dials out on my cell phone and yesterday called Rory while we were driving (I had no idea). She hung up, so he called back and she answered! I regularly see dialed calls to numbers like 334-777-9901 and 111-111-5555. I know there are crowds of people upset with me for "prank" calling...

And I now have to gather my purse before heading out. Not pick it up, you see. Rather, I have to gather its remnants strewn about the floor. She loves this girly little bag of fun. She pulls out every card and receipt and talks to them while crawling around.

She is also still true to one of her first loves: birds. She loves them and runs (aka turbo crawl) to the window if she thinks she sees one. It's hard being in such a hot, humid climate right now since she would prefer to be outdoors at all times, but it's almost fall and we will make up for lost time soon.

She is joy personified! And while this video is late in catching all the fun, it's a bit of the delight we enjoy daily. Happy August everyone!

No comments: