Saturday, October 09, 2010

My Thought of Late

Lately I've been noticing how often we hear about godly people. Godly men, godly women, godly leaders, etc.

I like the term just fine, but in some sense "godly" can be ethereal and fairly open to opinion. A godly person can earn the term for being nice, "good," an involved parent, etc.

Isn't that part of the reason why Christ came down? To show us God as man? And while I would never dare claim that I fully understand Christ, He showed us the way to live as humans. His example is sacrificial, obedient, generous, etc.

So my new consideration is not "Is he/she godly," but rather, "Is he/she Christ-like?"

Gotta tell ya, some of the godly people don't make the cut. Including me. LORD HELP ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make an excellent point! Thanks for a new perspective!